Wilderness First Aid is a program of the Wilderness Safety Council, a non-profit incorporated in Virginia.
- 7,000+ students
- 10,000+ classroom hours
- 35-40 classes each year
Helping students like you achieve confidence in their own competence to do the right thing. You learn how to lead others, make decisions, and create positive outcomes in unpredictable situations.
- Adults from across the spectrum of ages and professional backgrounds.
- Volunteers with adult groups like the Sierra Club, Appalachian Mountain Club and National Ski Patrol.
- BSA Leaders in preparation for high adventure camps like Philmont and Northern Tier.
- National agencies like the US Forest Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- College Outdoor Adventure: Virginia Tech, the University of Richmond, the University of Delaware.
- Young people leading for summer camps, Outward Bound, the Student Conservation Association.
- And any student seeking the best level of preparedness and safety for their personal outdoor adventure.